The Analysis Assistant (AA) of The HiVE uses cutting edge Artificial Intelligence services to automatically analyse text-based, qualitative data, saving you time in the analysis process.
The AA uses Amazon Web Services' (AWS) Comprehend, a leading Natural Language Processing service that uses machine learning to help you uncover the insights and relationships in your unstructured data.
Use of the AA requires Harvest to send your data to this third party service for processing. However, data is not automatically transferred to the third party once the AA is enabled on your site. Your users will determine which data you want to send to the service for processing on a question by question basis.
Therefore, you will have the ability to assess any individual risks associated with sending your data to the third party for processing.
Data will be processed within the region it is collected, which is also where your data is currently hosted on The HiVE. This means Australian/ New Zealand data will be processed in the Sydney Data Centre, Canadian data will be processed in the Montreal data centre, and American data will be processed in the US West data centre.
Currently the AA is capable of processing your unstructured data to detect and classify the following information:
- Sentiment - The emotional tone of the text response (e.g. positive, negative, mixed or neutral) along with a Confidence Score indicating the estimated accuracy of the classification.
- Key phrases - Extraction of text 'strings' or phrases that are deemed to be significant in the response.
- Named entities - Identification of persons, places or things named in the response.
- Language - Detection of the language used in the text response.
Before you start using the AA features, you should familiarise yourself with the Amazon Comprehend Service to determine whether the way they handle your data is appropriate for your organisation.
To start using the AA on you site, read the Terms and Conditions for the service and complete the consent form below. Once you have completed the form, we will enable the feature on your site and notify you by email.
Terms and Conditions
Use of the AA services on The HiVE is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You understand that data you nominate to analyse through the AA will be passed to a third party service for processing (AWS Comprehend).
- You provide explicit consent for Harvest to pass your data to AWS Comprehend for the purpose of analysing unstructured information.
- You have read and accept the terms of AWS Comprehend including their Data Privacy terms.
- Harvest may not be able to address or fix any technical issues associated with your use of the third party service.
- Harvest is not responsible for any issues, errors or omissions that result from your use of the service.
- You understand and agree that use of the service above any agree usage limits will incur additional charges, and you agree to pay us for this usage in accordance with any standard payment terms we have previously agreed (or otherwise within 30 days of receiving an invoice).
- Harvest may modify or remove the use of the service at any time without your consent.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions, and will notify you of any changes at least 30 days in advance.
- You acknowledge that Harvest may not be able to meet any privacy, confidentiality or other obligations previously agreed to in any legal agreements, where it relates to the specific use of the AA service.