Version 1.1 - Effective from August 2017
This Moderation Policy (the “Policy”) describes the moderation services (“Moderation Services”) provided by Harvest Digital Planning Pty Ltd (ABN 12 148 958 927) (“we”, “us” or “our”) in respect of the services (“Services”) for access to and use of our THE HiVE Digital Engagement System (including any apps, databases, platforms, networks, websites and APIs) and any other related services.
This Policy is incorporated by reference into THE HiVE - Terms of Service (“Terms”). All users of the Services (including Authorised Users) are required to comply with this Policy at all times.
1. Scope of Moderation Services
Your Subscription may include Moderation Services provided by Harvest with regards to the monitoring, screening and appropriate publishing or removal of text or image content made by your End Users that are made publicly viewable on your website (public contributions).
Moderation Services are provided by a third-party supplier contracted to Harvest Digital Planning who supply ‘Moderators’ to assess all public contributions against our standard Moderation Rules.
If our Moderators interpret a public contribution as violating or potentially violating the Moderation Rules, they will act to remove the contribution from public view, and refer it to the your nominated Users for further assessment.
You are responsible for reviewing all contributions referred to you by our Moderators and making all final decisions as to whether to approve or reject any contribution as appropriate.
2. Moderation Rules
Contributions will be referred when they are perceived by our Moderators to be in violation of the following Moderation Rules:
- Content may not contain personal attacks on other participants, staff or public figures;
- Content may not intentionally or inadvertently disclose sensitive personal and/or confidential information about any other participants, staff or public figures;
- Content may not contain discriminatory language relating to the gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background or a person;
- Content may not contain language perceived as threatening, inciting violence or encouraging, endorsing, approving or recommending the performance of dangerous or illegal acts;
- Content may not contain language perceived as offensive including profanity (not included in the banned words list);
- Content is considered duplicate as it appears multiple times in a perceivably inappropriate way;
- Content is considered off-topic or SPAM;
- Content contains links to any advertising or illegal material; and
- Image content is considered graphic as it contains portrayals of (for example) acts of violence, hate speech, terrorism, pornography, racism and self-harm.
3. End User Terms
You are responsible for communicating with your End Users including providing explanations of why a contribution has been rejected, and resolving any moderation complaints and issues.
In instances of repeated violation of Moderation Rules by End Users, you must take appropriate action to the extent possible within the software to minimise the abuse of the Moderation Services.
Harvest reserves the right to direct you in your use of the Services and may require you to increase your level of user registration, implement pre-moderation workflows or suspend or terminate specific End User accounts.
The following content is excluded from our Moderation Services:
- Content that appears in a language other than English;
- Content within a text document or other non-image file; and
- Usernames and profile images.
Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time, in our sole discretion, and the modified Policy shall be effective thirty (30) days after you have been notified that it has been posted on our website at www.the-hive.com. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for reviewing the most recent version of this Policy which has been posted on our website.